Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Two Years to Experience......Two Years to know


Stranded on the streets, I didn't know where to go
Saw the others go and followed with the flow

Across those gates there was so much to know
Ignorance lingered all over like a shadow

As I entered, my feet moved slow
Coz I was new and had nothing to show

Shaking hands and making friends,I no more felt hollow
I learnt to mingle and learnt a little more

Peaople all around had a smile to show
I learnt to smile and learnt a little more

As I passed teachers,I began to bow
I learnt to respect and learnt a little more

With love all around,hatred was the foe
I learnt to love and learnt a little more

With someone,when I had an odd row
I learnt to forgive and learnt a little more

During the tough days,I felt a little low
I learnt to pick up and learnt a little more

Tough days continued and the good ones came slow
I learnt to be patient and learnt a little more

At every other barrier,bravery was the synonym for go
I learnt to be brave and learnt a little more

Every misery was fought and happiness had to follow
I learnt to fight and learnt a little more

Every single time I was shown the door
I learnt my way in and learnt a little more

Sown as a seed, I was left to grow
I learnt to grow and learnt a little more

Passion was the word that kept me on the go
I learnt to be passionate and learnt a little more

To reach tomorrow,I had a day to go
I learnt to live the day and a learnt a little more

There were no goals and I had no motto
I learnt to set goals and learnt a little more

I Learnt to know and I learnt to grow
I learnt to learn and learnt a little more

19 Comments:

Blogger Parth Jhala said...

ok!! that was long!! hehe!!..sexy work re..nice topic..makes me feel that somewhere i lost two yrs of learning so much more..! hehe! it kindf overwhemls you by the end! and thats what good poems do! very well structured..brave attempt! which is definitely a success!! keep it up..love ur poems!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Bhargavi Battala said...

reely b'ful poem da...i njoyed redin it!!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Srinidhi said...

umm.. achieved something u wanted... last line same!!! well not full line... but half lines a start!!! its beautifully written... and yes ill miss college!!! the little things it thought us matter!!! by the end of the poem i realised two years flew by.... and i never realised!!! ummmmaaah!! stay sexy arj!!! another masterpiece!
and oh ya... u have learnt lots ah!! :P! hehe!! keep learning fella!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Srinidhi said...

when u said 18 paras... i was like "huh??"! how did he manage soo much bout college!! guess what... it doesnt seem like u stopped to think!! the flow is just flowing!! :P!hehe1 hope this comment made any sense!!! ummmaah anyway!

11:55 PM  
Blogger quartyc said...

Suprb wrk da !!..learnt a littl more..gr8 da!!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm...dat was gud!!kinda long..but still cool!!u leart quite a lot!!im impressed!!:P...n like alwaz...written really well!!!it was fun readin dis one...i love dat "and learnt a little more"...makes da whole poem more interestin..n also sounds gud!!gr8 job...bravo...wadago!!!

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u are growing so beautifully as a poet!!!!its awesum!!!

vinie.

11:53 AM  
Blogger shweta !! said...

hey arjun !! very well written !! n too much learnin eh ???? :P .. but so true !! n it soundz great !! "learnt a little more " !! nice !! .. n i m gonna miss college !!...anyway a beautiful one !! keep writing !! i had fun reading it !! take care !! see ya !! [:)]

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kavu! said...
cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute....tht's the best i could say....seriously i searched for better words but think this one word describes the best...ur getting smarter i c !...gr8 work!....keep it going!

12:43 PM

5:02 AM  
Blogger ashwin sundar said...

superb one!Great way to capture 2 years..

6:44 AM  
Blogger Vineeta said...

u wanna appoint some one for ur publicity and PR someday don forget me....ur poem is with atleast 5 of my frnds(yep on personal mails!!) and one of em has it on the desktop!!

cheers!!
vinie.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no words to describe how good this poem is!

12:19 AM  
Blogger kavu! said...

hey!wanted to write another:d...i think this made me think of those two years...i never thought i will miss my college a lot...i think because of ur poem....it really made me think of the two years...must say it is "cute"...i think i will give you 5 stars for this poem!...keep writing more...so tht i get to comment!:p....keep it up arjun!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothin to sayyy

he is reallu amazin !!!!!1

6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

man...glad u were able to get such things out of collegee...i think some people really miss the whole point of what college really is all about. I reallly liked the way u portrayedd ttt =) keep it up!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm..well written..but i think too much of 'learnt a little more'!!..but the line is very nice!!..and very very true!!..anyway good one!!..keep it up!!..see ya!!..

12:59 PM  
Blogger Rachna said...

awesome!!!!!! toh upcoming poet.... nana.....mr poet!!!! plzzzzz give me an autograph of urs.....so i can preserve it n show it 2 ppl....sayin luk i hav da autograph of one of da finest poets of our generation!!!!!!
mega cool!!!!!!!!! keep up ur efforts!!!!! ummmah!!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Revathi J said...

Damn Arjun!!!!!
U definitely learned a lotttt.
Dats wat made you who u r, wid all the talent, love and respect.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home